In this episode of the In Her Financial Shoes podcast, I am exploring how you can talk with children to help them develop a healthy relationship with money.
The conversation that you have about money with your children before the age of 12 is one of the most vital conversations that you can ever have with them. One of the things I often get asked is how you can have a conversation with children about money when you don’t have a good relationship with money yourself.
Today I am going to share 5 topics that you can talk to your children about to strengthen their financial education and ensure that they have a solid foundation to begin their relationship with money.
How to Talk to Under 12’s About Money
In this episode:
- Why you need to start having financial conversations at a young age
- Understanding your child’s language with money
- How important it is to give your child some financial responsibility
- Learning patience in a world of instant gratification
- Why we want to teach our children about more than just saving
Get my FREE book ‘It’s Not About The Money’
Register for my FREE Financial Coaching Masterclass
Find out more about our Wealthy Woman School
Listen to our podcast episode – Starling Bank Kite Card: The Best Kids Card Ever?